Trustworthy Calabasas Attorney Aids in Child Support Cases

California law firm helps parents seeking to receive, enforce or modify payments

Both parents are required to support their children even if they are no longer together. At my family law firm, Saucedo Law Group based in Calabasas, I help parents who are looking to settle matters related to child support, whether they are seeking or receiving the payments. Assisting California clients in Los Angeles and Ventura counties and surrounding areas, my firm provides tireless representation to divorcing parents and works hard to assert their interests in and out of court.

Well-versed family lawyer explains how child support works

Support is typically paid following legal separation or divorce by the non-custodial parent until a child turns 18 years old, or until the child turns 19 if they are still in high school. Sometimes support may end earlier than 18 if the child gets married, joins the military or otherwise becomes emancipated. In other cases, such as when a child is disabled, support orders may be extended. The payment amount for child support depends on each parents’ incomes, the child custody and visitation arrangement and a number of other factors. My law firm will advocate for a fair award that covers your child’s expenses, including expensive extracurricular activities.  

Diligent advocate helps you enforce support payments

After a child support order is put in place, a wage assignment – or garnishment – will be issued to the paying parent’s employer, and the amount of support to be paid will be deducted from the person’s paycheck. In cases where parents want to arrange payments between themselves, they can ask for a stay of the wage assignment. However, if the paying parent fails to pay, the garnishment can be enforced through the courts. If you are not receiving payments from the other parent, or if their employer is failing to garnish their wages, I can assist you in collecting the support you need to continue raising your child.

Skillful legal advisor assists with support modifications

To modify a child support order, the parent requesting the modification must show that there has been a substantial change in circumstances. Some of the reasons for possibly changing an order can include:

  • Job loss
  • Change in income of one or both parents
  • The child’s needs have changed
  • There has been a significant change in how much time a child spends with a parent

If both parents agree with the change, they can provide it to the judge for review. If the judge signs off, that will become the new order. When parents don’t agree, they must file a motion for a modification. I can represent you in filing for a modification and at your support modification hearing.   

Contact an effective Calabasas lawyer with your child support questions

Saucedo Law Group in Calabasas advises California residents throughout Los Angeles, Ventura and surrounding counties about getting and enforcing child support payments and having orders modified. To schedule a free consultation, call my firm at 818-918-6166 or contact me online.

Contact Us

Please fill out the form below and our attorney will contact you.


Office Location

  • Calabasas Office


    26565 West Agoura Road
    Suite 200
    Calabasas, California 91302